Sunday, December 6, 2009

Mary Poppins

Mary PoppinsAllen and Sunny and Peggy and I went to see Mary Poppins on stage yesterday.  It was so, so, well..... it was SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICEXPEALIDOCIOUS!
It really was, it was wonderful.  I was so happy, it was hard getting my Mom there and being on time, but we did it.  My friend Jacki has a friend who helped get us the best seats (unfortunately) because they were right in the middle!!!  Peggy had a lot of trouble walking through the aisle to the seat.  But,
(I'm not kidding) every single person was polite and asked if we needed help.  She sat down, the lights went down, I was holding Sunny's and my Mom's hand, Allen handed out chocolate and WOW!  It was so cool.  The sets, lights, costumes, singing, jokes everything was really fun.  Looking at Sunny I remembered my Mom taking me downtown Chicago to see a show, and being all dressed up and excited, just like she was now right next to me.  Looking at my Mom, I knew this would be her last show, sitting right next to me.  I was overwhelmed.  I cried when Mary flew over the stage and it was over.

Take a deep breath, back to reality as the light go up and we wait for everyone to leave so we can get out at our own pace.  A wheelchair was waiting for us as she slowly eeked down the aisle.  All of a sudden she doesn't look so good, she thinks she's going to throw up.... yikes.  I get the puple plastic bag I carry her depends in and hand it to her.  She makes it to the wheel chair and whoosh....we go into the bathroom and.... well she got most of it in the bag.

Turns out,  the whole 3rd floor at Sunrise has the flu.  Everyone has been throwing up, Peggy just got sick.  It wasn't the Alzheimer's.  It was the Alzheimer's that made her not be able to tell me that she didn't feel good.  Holy moly, I dropped Allen and Sunny off and Alla met me at Sunrise with a wheelchair and we got her into the bathroom. All I have to say is, we would of had to buy a new car if we didn't make it.

Peggy is okay now,  it has stopped.  She's on the mend. The gals up there are GREAT, helping her and helping me not worry. ... to stay away,so we don't get it.

 Gidgey got it around noon today, all over me, she's better now too, asleep, 3 sets of pj's later.  Even the dog has been throwing up all day.

Sunny's been listening to the CD all day and talking about Mary Poppins and singing her favorite parts and looking at her program.  As for me, I just got out of the shower.




Mary Poppins

No comments:

Post a Comment