Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Cards


I spent the day with my Mom yesterday.  Without the girls... Beverly, my mother-in-law was here so she stayed home and played with them.  I went to the bank to get some cash for tips for her team and had ordered some cards from  for the holidays to benefit Alzheimer's Association . I also stopped and got us two fancy cupcakes.  When I got there...she was in her position in front of the TV with the other residents.  Her position is so slouched, it might actually be called lying down.  I think she is comfortable, I slowly walk up to her and enter her sight, and she see's me and smiles.  "Hi, Lois"
So we walk the slow way down the hall to her room.  It's always new.  She likes it here.  Always comments how nice it is.
We hang out... we look at cards people sent.  I help her send some.  She signed her name.  She can still do that.  I tell her to put the card in the envelope...she laughs so hard trying to do it.  She says, she's old.  She gets the card in the envelope.  We eat a cupcake.
I change her clothes.  I'm just not used to her in sweatpants and a t-shirt.  I don't think I ever saw her in sweatpants and a t-shirt her whole life.  Whose grey sweatpants are these anyway?  I put on some grey slacks and a pretty light blue top and a pin.  Brush her hair and we take the slow walk back down the hall to the dining area.  They are going on a ride tonight to look at lights.  I hope she'll go, it's hard to get her to do things.  Her first instict is "no."  She'll love it, and enjoy it for the moment.  It is better than slouching on the couch, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment