Saturday, August 11, 2012

Her Playlist

I knew music was good for Peggy.  We bought her an ipod a while ago and uploaded all kinds of music on it.  Piano, soothing, lively contemporary, Frank Sinatra, the Beatles, 50's, classical shufflling around for her when she was in her room.

Then I saw this wonderful video that I posted previously about music of this man's era. Check out this cool movie, Alive Inside.

I needed the music that was still in her, not what was on our playlist.   We didn't have a lot of music in my house growing up.  She has lived a long time. What is her genre? I asked myself as I scanned the itunes playlists.  She loves row row row your boat...what genre is that?  What label?  Who the heck sang it first?
It took me way too long to figure out how to get rid of all the apps, and old playlists and the confusing things, like clouds and share and twitter, to make her new playlist which made me come to the conclusion that this must be why we get Alzheimer's, our brains are all mucked up from the years of input until finally all the wires get overloaded and what's left are a few little notes...row row row your boat.  Just try and say that without singing it's tune, or this one, Twinkle twinkle little star...


So, along with a new playlist from the 40's Gidget and I recorded this, and she smiled and mouthed the words.




1 comment: