Saturday, December 6, 2014

Milestones

I haven't posted in a long time, but we are still here, still celebrating life with Peggy.  It was her birthday August 30th and I painted this picture after spending time with her that day.  I was feeling sad and kinda lonely for the both of us, because I knew I was the only one in the room that knew it was her birthday.









Alzheimer's takes milestones and turns them into a big jumbled pile of rocks.


To my surprise I came home, took all those rocks and put them in order and made this painting.  It has 84 candles celebrating each and every wonderful year Peggy has been around.  It makes me happy, not sad to look at it.




So happy, that I even got it framed and hung it in her room.

Happy Birthday Peggy, we love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment