Friday, September 2, 2011

Bye, Mom....

Now when Peggy has appointments, I meet her there.  The guys do a great job of getting her in and out of the car.  She hates change, especially changing her position.  She really gets freaked out.  I got there and saw her in the waiting room.  She was, obsessive talking and I showed her a sports magazine with lots of golf and tennis, she tried to talk back, but it got kinda embarrassing because she could't find her words and was kinda loud.  So I just sat with her.  We went in, and the guys got her in the chair, and once she settled she did pretty good.  Remember...she's a biter.  Adrienne is the best!  I totally recommend her, just click on her name if you have someone in your life with special needs that needs a cleaning.  So, then it was over and we had to move her again, just when she was getting comfortable.  Then she got her little toothbrush and off she went and I said goodbye and the guys rolled her away.  I paid the bill, went downstairs to my car, and I saw her in the van and felt sad.  She should be with me in this car.  This is HER car, I inherited it after she could no longer drive.  Seeing her from a distance is uncomfortable, I could see her anxiety through the tinted glass, and then she seemed okay, maybe it was just my anxiety.  I have to convince myself she is in good hands, I could not take care of her myself, (for goodness sakes, it take two grown men to move her from one chair to another), I have a family of my own to take care of,  she is, she should be with me.....in her car.

No comments:

Post a Comment