Sunday, November 7, 2010

Sharing Stories

I forgot to mention Sharing Stories Day in Sunny's second grade classroom.  The kids were learning about story last month, and parents were invited to come in and share a story of any kind.  So, I came in and Sunny and I read "What's Your Name Again?"
She read the Sunny parts, and I read the Mom parts.  It was a really wonderful experience.  I was so happy and proud of Sunny.  The kids were really interested, and they loved the Sunny character and asked all kinds of questions afterwards.  Sunny stood up and told them all about her Nana and Alzheimer's Disease.  It was pretty cool.  Then they started talking about their grandparents!  This is my audience, I know this, I believe this.  I know this is a story that must be shared.  It's about showing kindness when you are frustrated, it's not just our story, its a universal story that all the little second graders who had never even heard of alzhiemer's disease could relate to.  Now, if I could just get a publisher to see that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment