Friday, August 6, 2010

What's Your Name Again?

This is the book I've been working on for a long long time, my family and my friends and especially my writing group can attest for that.  The less words, the more each one counts.  
For 4 days I went to the Annual Summer SCBWI (Society of Children's Book Writer's and Illustrators).  This was the 3rd summer, I sent "What's Your Name Again?" in for a manuscript review, and....... I got a great review from April Wayland!  She thinks it's ready and to quote her thought "we need this book."  And my teacher from art center the talented, inspiring and award winning Marla Frazee, left me note..."I love the new dummy"  (dummy means mock-up book):)

This book is totally inspired by my girls, their unconditional love for Nana, their silly happy smiles, and enthusiasm for all things.  Even old folks homes....

So, you can read the whole thing here on my website.  

1 comment:

  1. Lois, I FINALLY had a chance to see this and I LOVE it! It's so important and touching and adorable and wonderful. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! I want to buy a copy for our school library. I will remember it as a gift for anyone who is experiencing finding a way to love and understand someone with Alzheimers. It's just so precious and valuable. I know you will get a publisher. This is such an important contribution. YEA! Fantastic work. Thanks for sharing it. xxoo

    ReplyDelete