Thursday, September 3, 2009

Sunset at Sunrise

I went to see Peggy today after dinner.  She was out in the "family" room watching TV with the other residents.  She looked great, very happy to see me, and her hair was done from her weekly appointment.  Sandy put together a great outfit for her.  She always looks good in pale pink.  Anyway, we took a little walk down to the lobby and sat and had tea and cookies together and listened to Nat King Cole, and applauded after every number.  She kept saying how lovely and nice it was here, and talked about how it   was calm and lovely, loves the decor.  She made me so happy to see her like that.  Sunrise is so nice and they really want you to treat it like a home.  She's really moving around with the walker, I think she feels more confident with it.  She kept asking me what street it was outside, I started out with Coldwater Canyon, then after a few times of that I switched to Roosevelt Road, and then well, I just said "Main Street", and that was the end of it.  Thanks to everyone there, I'm so glad she is settling in and laughing again.  Thanks to Allen my husband who put the girls to bed so I could go over there.  Today was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment