Friday, February 4, 2011

Blogging

Here is Peggy last month at USC for her Alzheimer's research study.  Here I am on the internet. 
As I was walking in the other night to see her, I began thinking about all the stuff I hadn't "updated" on the blog.  Peggy Lu's visit, the cherry pie my girlfriend gave me, the girls, my girls, my precious little girls and all the wonderful things they do and say.   Of course, I got "side" tracked as you can see by my previous post. 

 Why do I do it?  I started this blog to give people back home updates on how she is doing out here in California.  But this blog, has become bigger than that.  I want to raise awareness of this personality robbing disease.  

 The look in her eyes when I put her to bed yesterday made me feel her.  I'm ususally just trying to "manage" her.   She pulled my hair, and looked at me, like I was hers.  It was brief, it was beautiful, it was quiet. 

People say that it effects the family more that the patient, I disagree.  In that look she gave me, I felt her loss.  She is here, but not.  Imagine if it were you. I thought of my girls looking at me, and me trying to look out and reach for them, but couldn't.

Participating in research studies.
I don't want this to happen to other people.  I still know the power of all the good attitude and positive talk and the acceptance of Peggy.  But the plain fact is that her brain doesn't work anymore.  She can't take care of herself, and doesn't know up from down or how to get her body there. 

Please share this blog, tweet it, follow it, whatever.  Let's make this research really count.

Thanks.
Lois

No comments:

Post a Comment